Individual Nutrition Consultations
Bluegate nutrition counseling idea is created to motivate genuine, enduring change toward a healthy diet which can only occur through an individualized, collaborative approach. You will not receive a strict meal plan, judgment about your food choices, or unrealistic advice. No matter how big or small a change you are ready to make, our nutrition experts are here to help.
Initial appointments are 60 minutes and follow-up appointments are 30 minutes.The information you receive at your appointment will depend on your questions. We frequently cover:
- How can I lose weight?
- What is normal eating?
- What groceries should I buy & how can I better manage my food budget?
- How do I plan menus and cook basic meals?
- Should I take supplements?
- Are the ones I’m taking safe?
- How do I fuel myself for the amount and type of exercise I do?
- How can I manage my cholesterol, blood pressure, or blood sugar?
- How do I plan a healthy vegetarian diet?
During the course of an appointment you might discuss:
- Components of a healthy diet
- Individualized recommendations for your health condition
- Exercise recommendations
- Menu planning and grocery shopping
- Meal preparation
- Goal setting and problem solving